Re: [RC] saddles for wide short backed horses - Rose Studios

I'm getting a LOT of great info on saddles, thanks you guys! Specialized saddles has been mentioned the most. I did have a demo from them years ago, but it also seemed to have too much rock (it popped up in back, like every saddle I've ever put on her) but it was wide enough. I didn't feel knowledgeable enough at the time to take on fitting one myself (there are NO saddle fitters in this area.) I could kick myself for not buying the one I saw at a tack sale this spring for $800.00.

There are several saddle makers in this area, but I'm finding out that saddle maker does NOT mean saddle fitter. I had some people come out in 2006 who actually give clinics on saddle fitting (but they are saddle makers) who said the Aussie I had custom made from TASSCO fit great. So I tried it for a little while loner. It cause a lot of agony for my horse, and resulted in me having to ride someone's else's horse while in the middle of a wilderness pack trip. Grrrrr.....

I have several friend's who also have hard to fit horses, maybe I can get them to all go in together on a Port Lewis impression pad...

Sarah in Durango