[RC] Update: Burn Injury From Ash - Valerie Nicoson

Yet another update on my mare...doesn't appear we're out of the woods yet.  She had been doing fine all this time, a week ago as of tomorrow, and today we lost ground.  Her leg is now swollen to twice its size and is fairly warm to the touch.  I do feel a bit of a digital pulse as well...or what I feel might be...nothing strong though.  Also noted this afternoon that she is quite lame...very evident...so I'm guessing it's a Grade 3.  Cold hosed her wounds and re-treated with ointment and called the on-call vet.  We're starting her tonight on some antibiotics, Tucoprim, and also some Banamine which the vet says will help with the swelling.  Not sure why the change in her condition unless somehow an infection got to brewing.

Intend to shave the hair completely around the wound tomorrow to see if I've missed anything under her hair coat...should also make it less conducive to infection as well.

Val + Sania (now on stall rest since it's raining outside)