Re: [RC] [RC] Ho Boy! Here comes PeTA! - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Excellent points Sandy.  You know, in Florida, even to train, race horses, on the farm level, one has to be licensed!  Now, it can be argued that most 'licensed' owners/trainers are still not qualified.  However, more than likely they know a little more than the average Endurance Rider/Trainer that I have witnessed so far!  So, maybe, RideCamp, we should all stop tossing stones at everyone, myself included, and go the University of Michigan's online course page to sign up for any number of classes that Sandy has outlined in her email:

Construction rather than destruction is the key!  Personally, I believe animal breeders of any kind should have, at the very least, class completion of anatomy, physiology, and genetic.  Perferably with a 3.0 or better.  I further believe all 'licensed' owners/trainers/jockeys should have an 'animal science' certificate of some kind with the aforementioned classes as absolute minimum!  But then if I ran the world.........

D'Arcy

<accreditation of equine anatomy, physiology, breeding/genetics, and classical training techniques ought to be a required level of mastery before anyone can call themselves a breeder or trainer. Maybe owners, too. Sheesh.>

Sandy Adams
Deep Sands Arabians
www.deepsands.com

--