RE: [RC] Looking for some opinions on horses - photos - Ranelle Rubin

Jennifer,

There have been some great advice given here, especially Dawn's about making sure you *like* the horse.

There are several things I really *must have* in an endurance horse:

Nice sloping shoulder-45 degrees is good.
Short Coupled (except some mares are a bit longer and that's ok)
Good feet (if you have a good relationship with a farrier you trust, I suggest you get their opinion)
Long hip
Soft eye
Attention to me when I meet them-are they interested in human contact or indifferent?

When I first got Fellow, he met all the above, and I still love him
Ranger, his little brother as well...

Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. ~ John Wayne

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx