[RC] Supracore Pads - sherman

I have no opinion about the possibility of the Supracore pad affecting the fit of your saddle, but I have seen two horses recently that have gotten rub sores on their spine from the stiffness of the Supracore pad used without the fleece cover that is available. So watch for that.

Kathy

I just ordered a Supracore pad (regular endurance style), but before I stuck it on my horse and got it all sweaty, I thought I should check with folks on the list.

I ride in an English-style saddle (ASC Rubicon), which seems to fit my horse very well. I had it fitted to him before I bought it, and had it re-checked after riding in it for 6 months. I currently ride in a very thin pad. The only reason I'm looking for a different pad is that the binding on the back of my current pad doesn't hold up -- it frays, and since it is synthetic, it then gets rough and rubs.

The supracore pad is significantly thicker than the pad I have (about 1/2 "), so I was a bit concerned about whether it would cause my saddle to fit too tightly. Anybody have any opinions?