[RC] Bluebonnet Challenge - Darolyn Butler

 BlueBonnet
Well, saw lots of Indian Paint brush & those pretty light pink things... but the Blue bonnets were scare... but not the trail markings!!!  Trail was marked great...

In the past couple of years Mother nature has made this trail a bit more technical with a few washouts, some deep sand & this time a few hog wallow size mud holes... BUT... this is endurance & its fun having new challenges on an old trail... this marked my 15/16th year competing there... only missed once since 1993  ... also got my 28,000 mile patch as Ms. Mercy Merci carried me to a win on the 100 Miler & BC.  We went fairly conservative to make sure one of those "trail sharks" didn't get a chance to bite. LOL

Yes... for inquiring minds, she was barefooted & the other two DJB horses that finished the 100 were barefooted as well.  Not to mention the other 7 100/50/25 mile horses.  Most of the top ten in the 50 milere were barefooted I believe.  We really must put a check box for barefooted or shod on the vet card.  It would be cool to be able to keep some on going documentation of this ever increasing phenomenon.

Have a great Spring, & Carla & Company  TADRA... thanks for going to alllll the trouble... you put on a 'mean' ride up there... keep it up!!

Darolyn Butler

Cypress Trails

21415 Cypresswood Dr.

Humble, TX  77338-1287