[RC] Advice for a friend - Beth Leggieri

I received this post this morning from a h/j friend.  Wondering if anyone has any experience with this to offer (other than the obvious -- use caution with haynets, which I'm pretty sure they have figured out).

***
So we took Stuffy to a horse show this weekend and he managed to put his leg through his hay net.  We don't know how long he stood with his leg in it (it was hiked about a foot from the floor), but apparently he's swollen from knee to ankle (his left front).  No cuts, just swollen.

Any tips on healing that up quickly?  She's been putting ice on it twice a day.  I thought if anyone might have some good ideas it would be you.  I don't think she's called the vet. We unfortunately have the horse show I'm riding him in this weekend.
***
I told my friend I would "ask Ridecamp" as this group is a treasure trove of practical advice and common sense.

Thanks, Beth in Texas