Re: [RC] FYI: Get to know your horse's heart - Katrina Mosshammer

Oops, sorry used the wrong word. I said fibrillation when what I meant to say was Tachycardia. My mistake. For a better explanation see:

Katrina M.

Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 10:01 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] FYI: Get to know your horse's heart

I believe that it depends on the cause. In Perle's case they were worried whether they were single occurrences or runs. If they are singles it is less of a worry than if they are runs which can lead to fibrillation, which is not good.

Katrina M.

Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 9:54 AM
Subject: Fw: [RC] FYI: Get to know your horse's heart

A recent article on Horse.com reported on research
that showed heart murmurs had no effect on racing perfomance.