Re: [RC] [Endurance Tracks] First Class Educational Programme for Endurance - Barbara McCrary

----- Original Message -----
From: Ridecamp
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:30 AM
Subject: [RC] [Endurance Tracks] First Class Educational Programme for Endurance

Hydra Properties’ sponsorship is the very first of its kind and is quite unique in the sports world in general in that it is solely intended for use in education. It is key in that it comes at a crucial moment of the development of the sport and, if well used, will contribute towards setting the foundation for proper growth.

Is there something wrong with the "proper growth" of endurance in the USA?  I thought we were doing quite nicely, having just about doubled our membership in the past - what? - 10 years or so?  We have education, we have protection of horses, we have great conventions, we have beautiful rides, we have camarderie amongst riders.  So why do we need a "foundation for proper growth?"  All I see out of this is the "proper growth" of flat-out 100 mile horse RACES.  I don't think endurance SHOULD become "professional."  When it does, if it does, there goes OUR concept of endurance riding in this country.  Sorry, not interested.
Barbara

Hydra Properties, in conjunction with the Abu Dhabi Sports Council, has been a strong supporter of FEI competitions within the UAE. Hydra Properties is an organisation which is behind some of the most prestigious residential and business developments in the UAE. The FEI is proud of its association with Hydra Properties and sees it as a fantastic opportunity but also as a challenge to develop the professional level of Endurance.

--
Posted By Ridecamp to Endurance Tracks at 4/23/2008 07:30:00 AM