Re: [RC] [RC] Riding with Gaited Horses for 3 days - Karen Sullivan

Forgot also to mention that I really like horses that move downhill quickly and smoothly......
My Arab/TWH was great, my TWH mare does pretty well, the Arab/TWH also very smooth and fast (I mean FAST walk, not gaiting down a hill)....but the two horses I have ridden with that just blow away the competition for walking fast down hill, even on rough terrain, are Foxtrotters......

Then again, rode last year with a Foxtrotter who could not keep up with my quick mustang....
Karen