Re: [RC] Pre-purchase exam - Beth Walker

Call me suspicious, but I'm with Kat on this one: ?the buyer should pay for the purchase exam. ?If the buyer is unknown to the vet, then they should be required to pay on the spot. ??My preference is to use MY vet, and I pay for it. ?

In some cases that isn't possible, and you do have to use the seller's vet, especially if you don't know any vets in that area. ?Not ideal, because you are a one-time client, but the seller is a repeat client. ?Which party do they not want to offend the most? ?You are putting the vet into a very sticky situation when you use the seller's vet, and something pops up in the exam. ?It is even worse if the seller is also paying for the exam. ?

I have used the sellers vet, but it was very much not my first choice. ?Everything turned out fine, but to my mind, I was running a risk because I didn't know the vet, and didn't know how comfortable *they* would be in such a situation. ?