Re: [RC] [RC] re: bears in CA - Karen Sullivan

The last grey wolf, indigenous to certain parts of California, was
killed 75 years ago.
There is actually a plan to reintroduce them into a former range in
California.  I have no problem with this.

I (luckily) live in an area with raccoons, bobcats and coyotes.  When
our chicken population dwindled some years ago, it was hard to tell
what kind of predator took them.  My best guess was feral cats.  If I
had REALLY, really cared, I would have made a better pen, or taken
care to shut the chickens in at night.  That is what a responsible
person does, not randomly trap or shoot any animal or predator that is
an annoyance. Lets also not forget our goverment's ecological disaster
of predator control in the Western ranges, by strewing out
strychnine-laden carcasses to kill coyotes, which also killed how many
other native birds and mammals?

Cindy, I am not sure what your problem is with wolves and bears....but
perhaps you should move to a place that does not include their range,
if it's such a  problem. That makes just as much sense as your
proposal to me.

Karen