[RC] Any BAD weather ride was/ Hillsdale Central Region AKA Sunflower Classic - rides2far

I have a question for all the regional clubs. Has anyone ever considered some sort of "fund" where ride managers could chip in in a co-op sort of manner to an "emergency fund" that would help out ride managers who get hit by disastrous weather?  I know that in the past our local club was non-profit, so after expenses and maybe keeping a bit back for a possible "bad year" the "profit" was spent buying gifts for the WMA or whatever. If there had been a fund run by the regional organization that we could have donated to to be a "ride disaster relief" fund we probably would have put into it.

I don't know right off hand of many rides that aren't putting most of their profits back towards some charity so it might not be a  bad idea to let supporting ride managers who have a bad hit be that charity. Anybody got any suggestions how this could be workable?

Angie McGhee