[RC] scary ride today - desertrydr1

I had a little scare today while I was riding with a friend (glad I wasn't riding alone!)  Has anyone ever had a transient global amnesia attack?  This is actually the second one I've had.

The first one was 10 years ago (almost to the day) at a ride, on the same mare.  I "woke up" at about mile 22 of a 30 mile LD wondering what color ribbons I was supposed to be following.  I remembered tacking up and starting the ride, I remembered (after a while) the first water tank, which was at about 4 miles out.  Other than that, nothing in between.  I apparently came in for the first vet check and was really confused, and kept asking where I was and stuff.  I went to my trailer, and my friends thought I was going to pull, but sometime or other, I got on my mare and went back out.  At 22 miles, when I "woke up", I knew I was doing an LD, but couldn't remember what ribbons I was supposed to be following.  Some 50 milers came along, so I asked them and they told me, and then said "You better hurry, you've got 7 miles to go and only x amount of time to get your completion."  So I hustled it along, and got in and pulsed down with about 30 seconds to spare.  I still don't remember most of that day.  Went to the ER and they did a CT scan and then later an EEG.  Nothing apparent in either one.  (No surprise there, tee hee)

Today it was a much shorter time, maybe ten or fifteen minutes.  We were starting down a hill and next thing I knew, we were a couple miles further down the trail.  And I was confused and just felt kinda wierd.  My riding partner said I got quiet riding down the hill, then kept repeating that I really missed riding the mare I lost last year.   Afterward, I felt slightly nauseated and have had a headache this evening.

I really hate to go to the DR again, partly because the last time, I lost my driving priveleges at work for a while and had to stay in the office.  I've looked up trainsient global amnesia on the web, and it says recurrances are not common.

Anybody got any bright ideas?

jeri