Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:34:23 -0700
From: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxx
To: tracks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] [Endurance Tracks] 37-YEAR-OLD HORSE CLOSING IN ON TRAIL MILEAGE RECORD

Pushing the envelope of equine athletic prowess, 37-year-old half-Arabian Elmer Bandit is gearing up to start yet another competitive trail ride season.

In 2007 Elmer's certified lifetime competitive miles stood at 20,240, nearing the national record of Saddlebred Wing Tempo's 20,710 miles.

Elmer's lifelong owner and rider, Mary Anna Wood of Independence, Mo., said she plans to enter Elmer in eight rides this year, depending on her schedule and Elmer's health, but she said she isn't chasing any records. Continue reading...

--
Posted By Ridecamp to Endurance Tracks at 4/10/2008 03:32:00 PM