[RC] Trace 09 - rides2far

>>>Any thoughts of moving it into later April
or early May? I know the schedule is very tight that time of the year - but the weather is usually better.

The schedule is jam packed in May. I like her date. You just don't expect 5" of rain when you say, "It might rain". Heck, last year it snowed. :-P

Trace Tribute was one of the few rides this year that didn't require some cash with their pre-entry. Almost everyone requires $20 when someone pre-enters which will at least cover the cost of the T-shirt & some incidentals. I think everyone who pre-entered but didn't show should *at least* pretend they had to send in a deposit and give them that. Why punish them for being so lenient with us?  :-)

As for going multi-day to lure crowds in from long distances...I'm closer to wanting to do Randy's "small backyard ride". I could hire one experienced ride vet, one local "trainee", have a couple of locals time, take maybe 50 entries, tops, certificates for completion, fun awards, and just have a low key local ride. Riders have bought such big rigs these days there's not room for a big ride at an awful lot of good sites. Unless they start doubling up instead of bringing one horse per Peterbuilt, we're going to have to scale down entries anyway.

Angie McGhee