[RC] sending some rain to the SE - watch out! - Marlene Moss

Speaking of sending some rain . . . people around Georgia will be getting plenty of rain for the next couple years.  Ok, this is a joke of course, but my brother in law is some kind of rain god and according to him, it has been this way his entire life.

He met my sister in school in Northern Colorado.  Right after I moved away they had tons of rain, flooded the CSU library.  They both joined the Air Force and were in Florida during one of the really bad hurricane years.  Then North Dakota – who ever hears of flooding there?  Well, it did.  Then San Antonio and their back yard almost became part of the river.  Then Ohio and there were record snow falls.  Then Virginia – the year cars were left at Dulles for many days because no one could get them out of snow drifts.

During all that we had some pretty bad drought years in Colorado.  The day he arrived back in CO to be stationed here I was out riding in the mountains in May.  We’d had about 6 total inches of snow that winter at 9000’ elevation.  So we got back to the trailer as a couple rain drops fell and drove back to our house which was 2 miles as the crow flies and 10 miles via roads and could see the ground was white in the distance.  We drove through 6-12” of hail by the time we got to our house to find my sister and b-i-l stuck at the bottom of our driveway in over a foot of snow/hail.  We had a very wet summer.

Then we moved further south in CO had a pretty dry year.  Finally my sister (who hates horses and doesn’t want me contaminating her daughter) decided to visit us.  It hadn’t rained the entire summer and this was the beginning of the recent drought that affected the SE as well.  That day, almost as they drove in the driveway it rained.  About 4” (this is HUGE for southern CO) and quite a bit more in surrounding areas.  Lots of roads washed out for months.

So not that I’m superstitious or anything, but they are being sent to GA next and b-i-l will be arriving the beginning of May for a couple weeks and then moving in June for at least 2 years, so don’t say you weren’t warned!

Hee hee!

Marlene

PS – the weather is always perfect whenever my husband and I go to a ride, so if anyone would like to hire us to come to their rides to make sure the weather is good, just let us know.  And we have to do the 50 or longer cuz if we only do the 25, the 50’s will get drenched!  Guess it helps that we’ve been riding in mostly a drought for the last 7 years!

Marlene Moss

www.LosPinos-CO.com - Boarding, Sales and More

www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com - Saddle Fitting

Checked by AVG.