[RC] Strange Symptoms and Removing girth - Kathleen

If my mare was exhibiting back leg symptoms like that I would have my chiropractor (who is a horse vet) do a thorough exam.  She may have something out in her back which is manifesting in her back end.  And I agree a good saddle fitting exam is in order.

Dot, I take my cinch off every time I unsaddle because I don’t like hanging a wet cinch over the seat of my saddle.  I hang my cinch in a place in my tack room where it will get lots of air and dry thoroughly.  In the summer I take it off and run cold water through it to get all the sweat out and then hang it to dry.  I do the same thing with my pad. So I completely “dismantle” all my tack each ride but that allows me to make sure everything is as clean as possible and gets dry.

Kathleen Ferguson

Checked by AVG.