[RC] Need tips for giving eye meds. - ladurgin

     I told the vet I'd probably need to come by and get a couple tubes as half would end up  on the ground.
       Most of my vet books show two handed  methods. I  know about  trying to give it  by placing my hand  above his eye. But  its' a match race between his  eyes muscles  clamping shut and my trying one handed  to  get some in. He isn't fighting me too much as I  have dicuseed it with him, (and a few apple bits help)--- but  I am getting most of it  above his lid  at he  lash line, hoping it  will melt into the  eye. Therefore, I am also putting  lots more than  2 or 3 drops  above(, around,  and under for that matter) the eyes.I also tried the inner corner , but again , even though he is tied, I can't pry his eye open  like those pictues in the vet  books. (How do they get those pictures?, bet they are on  "happy" meds first....)
    I want this to be effective--as  blindness could result if it isn't treated right. ----
     I  just  didn't think a Levage would work as he is talented with  rubbing. I'd have to  encase him in beach balls and stall  him with company. And the company would have to  wear a muzzle and I'd have to rope the barn off from  "levage-removing helpers, and stall door openers ". (all very talented, think  monkey/horse)
     So  any tips? Am I  going to be able to  get enough meds in? Am I in danger of getting to much in.?
      Course one is liquid-(so I can  see drops and the other , though it says  2-3 drops is, an ointment! BTW I have given eye meds before, but had enough ignorance, that  I was told to put  a 1/2 inch  line on  the upper lid at the  lash line and it  would melt in. I was very happy in my ignorance...