[RC] how to camp at biltmore (and getting there) - Cindy Stafford

More questions about biltmore (thanks for everyone's advice, by the way...).

Reading as much as I can to get our group prepared and packed.  From sounds of it, it sounds like campground, vet area is very spread out?  Is it walkable from camping to vet area?  Or will we have to drive back and forth?

We'll be there wed night-sunday.  4 hot sweaty days haha.  Any place around with shower houses so we can scrape the crud and sweat off every once and awhile?

How far will we have to go to get things like ice, water, restock food, etc?  Can get it on the estate?  Or are there places nearby?

Anything else we should know about camping there that is important, other than the norms (other than its going to be blazing hot or wet)?

And I posted this question before, but maybe here it will get more notice and might get some more ideas...we're hoping to drive straight there, but will need to stop and refill water buckets for horses.  Even better if we can pull them out to stretch their legs.  Any good places to stop on teh way there, from illinois thru kentucky, tennessee?  Don't want to count on rest areas as we've been to some with no good water access other than bathroom sinks.

Thanks for everyone's tips!

Cindy Stafford
The Riding Center
home of Desert Bred Arabians