Re: [RC] saddle for two pointing - Lynne Glazer

"Choosing to stand to help your horse." ?Depending on the saddle, standing the trot for long duration could be the worst decision one could ever make for a horse's comfort! ?If the stirrups hang from a single point of contact on the tree (or substitute word of choice for treeless), major nerve and pressure damage can occur.

This of course can be revealed by white hairs, edema, or just plain old back pain.

I'm guessing the Specialized has a different sort of rigging, though. ?Just don't want newbies to think that two point is necessarily "good for the horse". ?Many folks can post the trot and help their horse, landing lightly, using their core strength. ?I'll bet that most of us use a half seat at the canter.

Lynne

On Apr 7, 2008, at 6:22 PM, Linda Winkel wrote:

I also two point the entire ride.. I only sit if walking and that is?
>seldom.. I was asked once could I not sit the canter and I laughed.. of?
>course I can sit it.. I just chose to stand to help my horse.. I am?
>horrible of remembering which diagonal he is on or lead so I know this?
>takes some of the stress off of him. He will switch his leads on his own..?
>thank goodness. I also ride in a specialized.saddle..
Linda