Re: [RC] numb feet - Lori Bertolucci

Marirose, make sure your laces aren't too tight.
I just started back to riding again, and found that my feet were going numb, something that hadn't happened in the past. After thinking about it, I realized I had gotten used to pulling my laces tight on my thick winter boots that I used at home when feeding and realized I was doing the same with my riding shoes. Once I loosened them up, I didn't have the problems any more. I just finished a 3 day ride, and didn't have the problems at all. Burning soles occasionally, yes, but not numbness.
So even if you are used to tight laces, make sure on your riding shoes, if you have laces, that they aren't tight..

Lori

Marirose Six <6mules@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

New subject:
            Someone mentioned this in an E-news. But, they didn't mention how to avoid having their feet go numb while riding. So, what is the secret? For me, I know it depends on the boots that I am wearing. Winter boots are the worst. I tried easy ride stirrups once, but that just made more of my foot go numb. :o(  I will be probably be trying them again on a demo saddle. Any other ideas?

--
Marirose

Yeeeeeee Hawwwww