[RC] Trace Tribute Thank Yous - April

Thanks to all who came out to the Trace Tribute Endurance Ride this past weekend. The trails held up very well to the rain and the traffic. We had very little trail sabotage this year and I think most everybody made it around the trail without much issue with markings. I was made aware of a couple of places that could have been marked better with flashing neon signs and we'll take that into consideration next year.

I want to publicly thank those that helped me mark and unmark trails this year.

Roger Barrett was a huge help to me. Since I couldn't be there the day of the ride, he stepped in and was the Trail Boss for the day and took care of any issues that cropped up with the trail the day of the ride. He was also there every step of the way during the year, being a good sounding board as we decided the route each distance would take. He marked and unmarked trail and was there all week, helping make sure the trails were ready and safe for the riders.

Eva de Paulis helped me mark and unmark trail. Eva also teamed up with Melissa Crain to spot and direct riders on their first loop to make sure all the riders got to see the new section of trail added this year.

Doug and Judy Sandlin again stepped up to help me mark and unmark trail, making sure some of our trickier sections were marked so well that nobody got lost. Doug was also our ambulance driver to haul horses from the away check. Fortunately, we did not have many of those!!

Debra LaComette and Camille Riley helped me mark the new trail on Wednesday, making a long job fun. We spent a lot of time analyzing the trail markings to be sure it was clear which way to go.

Angie Fura, despite all her other Ride Management duties, found the time to mark a good section of the trail. She and her husband, David, also spent countless hours organizing ribbons and tying new ones to clothespins for easy on/off.

David Fura and Daniel Johnson teamed up to mark the road loop (which wasn't used due to no 75 mile entries) and mark all the road crossings so riders would know when pavement was coming up. They were also responsible for the stakes with pie plates that were dotted all along the Trace Parkway directing riders in and out of the woods along the parkway. Then after the ride, they picked all those back up.

And, even though he didn't get the chance, I want to thank Ed Kidd for being available to put out glowsticks for the 75 milers. Even though we didn't have any takers on that distance, the glowsticks would have been very important to them and Ed gave up riding to be available to do that and I appreciate that.

A big thank you to all these people. I would not have been able to handle the trails without you!!

April Johnson
Trace Tribute Trail Designer
Nashville, TN
http://www.tracetribute.com

--
"It doesn't matter how slowly you go - as long as you don't stop!" - Confucius