Re: [RC] mules - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Too bad your far away, I have the jack that is the daddy to my mules, and he is very nice.  Good natured, straight legs, big legs and grey.  He is a large standard jack, measured to 50 inches.  April, my almost yearling mule is slightly over 13 hands now, so taller than her daddy.  I think she is going to make a nice sized mule.  I worried the most of what size jack to breed to, didn't want a little mule, and didn't want a monster mule.  My mare is 14.2, and so after all the reading I could find, this 50 inch jack seemed to be what I needed.

Jody

Ellen Zawada <zephyrcreek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am so glad that the "mule" topic has come up.  I have been thinking about breeding one of my mares to a Jack in the future, but I do not know of any in my area.  If anyone has any info, or just wants to talk mule please email me privately.  I live in Michigan and would be willing to travel as far as Ohio/Indiana for live cover.

Thank you,

Ellen

Sbolinge@xxxxxxx wrote:
We outfitted for several years in the rugged Beartooth Absarokee  Mountains of Montana. We had 20 some mules and a few horse. My kids were little then and when they were too little to ride alone they rode with me on a mule and when they rode alone they were always on a mule. I trusted the mules to take care of them, which they always did. We traveled over lots of steep narrow trails putting on up to 900 miles each year. Nothing beats a mule for sure footedness and level headedness in tight situations..

Zephyr Creek Kigers

http://www.freewebs.com/zephyrcreek/index.htm
http://community.webshots.com/user/zephyrcreek