[RC] USRider - setting the record straight - Mark Cole

Dear Endurance.net Subscribers,

In the service industry, it is essential to provide excellent customer service. Here at USRider, we pride ourselves on being able to deliver the best possible service to our members. USRider was developed by people who own and love horses, and we have been delivering exceptional service to our members for over six years. Apparently we are doing something right since our member satisfaction and renewal rates are among the highest in the motor plan industry.

Therefore, it has been very disheartening to learn that a former member is asserting that USRider doesn’t live up to its promises.

We would like to take this opportunity to set the record straight.

First, we send each member a Service Contract when they join and annually upon renewal. We encourage our members to read the Service Contract, and if they have any questions or comments to please contact us. We are very proud that our Service Contract has no fine print. However, we must enforce certain coverage limits for USRider to remain viable. We could offer higher benefits, but the program would cost more as we would not have as many members. We must strike a delicate balance between profitability and fair and competitive pricing. We believe we have achieved that and are one of the best bargains in the equine industry with the highest and best benefits of any motor plan.

Regarding the member who is attempting to discredit our program…  We are very pleased that we were able to rescue and deliver Ms. Humphrey, her horse and her rig to her home safely during her recent disablement. The next day Ms. Humphrey called requesting that her vehicle be towed to a shop. She had reached the maximum tow benefit for her truck and trailer combination ($800) under our Service Contract for this incident. So we told her we’d be glad to provide service in this subsequent request – as we would never leave her or any other member stranded – and informed her that she would be responsible for payment for the towing service. (We’d had a similar situation with Ms. Humphrey in 2006). Ms. Humphrey then became unreasonable and unprofessional with our staff. Following Ms. Humphrey’s numerous assertions that she was extremely dissatisfied with our policy, we provided her with a full refund of her previous year’s premium and suggested that she might be happier with another motor plan.

Regarding Ms. Humphrey’s comments about our handling of another member’s claim for benefits under our Emergency Trip Interruption Veterinary coverage, we were caught completely off guard. First, we did not deny Mr. Rabe’s claim. We were not aware of Mr. Rabe’s unfortunate accident until he called us last week. We later learned that his claim had been denied by his insurance company. Second, there is apparently some misinformation circulating that says our Emergency Veterinarian Benefit pays only for treatment rendered at the scene of an accident. To clarify, our Service Contract states that the benefit pays up to $1,000 for the first 72 hours. There is no requirement that treatment must be made at the scene in order to qualify. When Mr. Rabe called, we explained that we would need copies of all pertinent receipts along with a copy of the accident report – as required by our Service Contract. After Mr. Rabe provided all the information relating to his claim, we processed the claim and have issued a check to Mr. Rabe.

We hope this provides a helpful explanation and puts an end to the misinformation that’s been circulating on this website.

For more information about USRider, please feel free to call 1-800-844-1409, or visit our website at www.usrider.org.

At USRider, we are truly committed to the welfare and safety of our members and their horses.

Sincerely,

Mark A. Cole

Managing Member