[RC] a new subject, braggin ! - april

Bragging on my 4-H kids. Our web site has had a revamp.
It is still a work in progress and please keep in mind that it is done by the kids.
The gal who is on the gallery page is on her appy/passo. The picture is the first time she sat in the saddle. This little mare was bought out of a big field, as a 3year old. She had never been touched before. A cattle loader, a stock trailer, and several uncles bulldogging her into a halter, and this little gal had a new horse to replace her Shetland pony. Shortly after that, her folks called me for help and they joined the 4-H club. That was two years ago. They are working on their walk/trot transitions now and will show at the district 4-H show. We don't expect them to place in anything,  but we are going to have fun anyway! This 13 year old has done most of the training herself ! (with supervision and help, :o) When she and Dotty are ready, they want to join the endurance community.
More pictures will be up after the fun show !

Mark Taylor just did our feet for the first time and I must say, I like how they turned out. He was sooooo good with BamBam who HATED the last farrier.  BamBam looked at him and said,"FARRIER EEEK !" Mark took him, talked to him, petted him, and Bam settled right down. He cleaned the left side, front then back. He went to the right side and did the front. On his way back, BamBam actually picked his hoof up and offered it to him !!!!!  (No he wasn't trying to kick him,lol) BamBam has exemplary manners, except for our last farrier, who he took one look at and hated. Mark moved so slow and patient. After the cleaning, another round with the nippers, followed by the last round with the rasp. Most of the nipper/rasp work was done with BamBam ground tied in the middle of the driveway. We are happy customers.
And while he did donate for the 4-H show prizes, I don't have any financial interest in his business. Just wanted to say I will use him again.

Just thought I would change the subject.
april