[RC] Good breeding stock IS out there! - Ranelle Rubin

OK folks, first I have absolutely no financial interest in the outcome of what I am going to say here, so please take it for what it is, just an opinion.

IMO, folks like Cheri Brisco and Michael Bowling (among others) DO create a good working/breeding program. I have seen Michael's horses in person, and photos of ones Heidi Sagehill has from him. Michael is in Davis, CA and has a couple amazing stallions!

Re: Misty Mountain Farms (Tehachapi, CA) breeding, I have four DR Thunder Bask offspring right here in my pastures. Three are full Arab. Two of those are full brothers, (Fellow and his full brother which belongs to Hal and Ann Hall) One is a half brother (my new horse Ranger who is a Doc son out of a Koszar dtr). One is half Arab/half Qtr-running Qtr type breeding, as I have seen her mom. I will be working hard to make her into a "husband horse" in the next few years.

Let me tell you folks, these horses all posses the wonderful characteristics of their dad and Cheri's breeding program. I have always been too practical to want to get into breeding horses, rather get them when they are 4 or 5. HOWEVER... now I am considering breeding the half Arab mare to MMF Faramir for our next mount when the ones we are riding retire. Why? Because I have seen Far, what he produces, and I like his breeding. He is a Koszar son out of my horse Fellow's mom. I can see what it produces, as I have all of his pedigree right here at home. It is predictable!

Just a shameless plug on the side..Cheri is now campaigning a Doc son (a stallion) who's mom is a Koszar dtr out of Fellow's mom. When folks see Fellow on the trail or at a ride and comment they like him, (and often ask if he is a stallion if they are riding a mare), I always tell them about Echo as a potential stud. You get all of Fellow's breeding with Koszar thrown in for good measure.

My interest in Koszar started when I had the pleasure of starting Bogus Thunder in our sport for Hal and Ann Hall. Check out his record. He is still going strong and will be 16 this year.

Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway. ~ John Wayne

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx