[RC] Fwd: Fw: Trailer Problems Solved - Katherine Brunjes

Please tell me how to put this on ridecamp.

Tom
Tom Hutchinson
North Coated Capital Engineer
NewPage Corporation
35 Hartford Street
Rumford, Maine  04276
(W)        207-369-2923
(Page)   207-264-2337
(FAX)     207-369-2890
TCH1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Thomas C Hutchinson/Publishing/Mead on 04/02/2008
07:28
AM -----

Ok, I wasn't going to do this, because I didn't think it was any big
deal, but Tom is insisting that he brag about how smart (!) I am - so
I'll do it for him....one caveat - I did NOT tell him "somehow the wires
pulled out of the plug" - what I said was that I overnighted for 4
hours, got up to load the horse and noticed that the plug/cord was
laying on the ground behind the truck.  Since I did not unhook the truck
from the trailer for those short 4 hours, I asked my friend Jane if she
had unplugged the electrical cord, which she said, "no" - so I went to
plug it back and and said, "what the heck?" (of course, those were not
exactly my words, but since this is a family monitored site....) - the
cord was completely frayed from the plug - all wires exposed - it looked
as if an animal had chewed it off during the night - and if it wasn't an
animal, I hate to think what WAS out there in the night....we had all
lights and brakes when we pulled into the stop, it was a straight pull
in without any jimmying around, and we were parked on a cement pad...so
it is anyone's guess how this happened, but it did.  After a moment of
looking dumbly at the stupid thing in my hand, what is a girl to do, but
call her husband, who is 16 hours away in Maine.  So, without further
ado, here is Tom's proud report....and I should mention that I really
couldn't have done it without his encouragement and coaching over the
phone for those 40 minutes it took me to do it in the dark with limited
"tools" - Jane held a flashlight and brought me various screwdrivers and
knives when the screwdrivers weren't the right size....

Kathy Brunjes

----- Forwarded by Thomas C Hutchinson/Publishing/Mead on 04/02/2008
07:28
AM -----

Subject
Trailer Problems Solved

Well, it is just about settled.  My wife has found another thing she
can
do without my help.  I got a call from my Kathy at 4 AM on Sunday
morning.
She and her girl friend were trailering our horse back from Florida
and
they overnighted in Petersburg, VA.  She said the trailer wires had
somehow completely pulled out from the trailer plug.  I first told
her she should wake up the guy in the house and ask if he can fix it.
She said she would give it a try (in the dark!).  She read the wire
colors
on the plug, screwed them all into the lugs, and dam if the lights
all came on, brakes worked, blinkers, everything.  She plugged it in
and
then said, yep, it works, see you tonight, Bye!  It was like no big
deal!
I don't know about other people, but over the years, I've had all the
parking lights blinking without the directional light even on, no
brakes,  the power wire short out and other odds and ends with
connection problems.  I even seized up a friends brakes a few miles from
ridecamp after one ride and she has never let me forget.  I guess I just
call Kathy next time.  (I'm actually pretty proud of her.)

Tom Hutchinson
Bethel, Maine

service._______________________________________________________________

This electronic message contains information from NewPage
Corporation or subsidiary companies, which may be confidential,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be used solely by the recipient(s)
named. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
transmission or its contents is prohibited. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify NewPage
immediately at postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Central Maine Medical Family Disclaimer
The  information  contained   in  this   message  is
intended  only  for  the personal  and  confidential
use  of  the  recipient(s)  named  above.    If  the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient
or an agent  responsible  for  delivering  it to the
intended  recipient,  you  are  hereby notified that
you  have received  this document  in error and that
any review,  dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this message  is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication  in error, please notify
us  immediately, and  delete  the  original message.
------
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.