Re: [RC] Spanish Mustangs - Laney Humphrey

Well said, Ed. I proudly ride Arrow Dynamic, Spanish Mustang Registry #2240, (Dino) who attained 3,000 endurance miles at the recent Cuyama XP ride. If you're not looking to be in the top ten, enjoy riding a bit of American history, and want a durable, easy care horse with lots of personality and who will teach you a lot, ride a Spanish Mustang.
Laney

Sisu West Ranch wrote:
I rode with Kim a number of years ago, and also seriously considered purchasing one of his Spanish Mustangs.

First, the Spanish Mustang is not your average free roaming horse like the BLM sells at auction. It has been carefully developed as a breed for at least as long as the quarter horse. They are well conformed etc.

Second, the competition records of his breeding show that they make very good and very sound distance horses (both CTR and Endurance).

Now, please do not distort this post. I am expressing no opinions as to his business practices, or if he breeds more horses than his market will bear, I am just saying that he has had a careful breeding program, and that one should carefully consider these horses for endurance.

By the way, my personal feeling is that the Spanish Mustang is very tough, but not as fast as many Arabians. Buy them when going for lots of miles, not the FEI world championship.

Ed

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875