[RC] PLEASE read this one - rides2far

Hey Guys,

I have a favor to ask of everyone. Some of you know my friend Bekki Crippen. For those who don't, Bekki is a 40 year old, mildy mentally handicapped (mostly comes through as not worrying and being completely honest :-) gal who LOVES endurance. When she did her first ride I did a write-up on her and EN put her on the cover. It was the thrill of her life. She needs a boost from all her endurance friends...and she does consider the endurance community her closest friends.

Bekki had a lump last week and a biopsy confirmed it's breast cancer. No word yet when but they're doing a mastectomy. We'll know more after Thursday.

Bekki had stopped competing for the last year or two since her Arab, Graystoke "Got the lameness" (as she stated it). She was trying to bring him back with the goal of doing Longstreet's Charge when she got the news. Bekki *loves* attention and it would tickle her to death to get notes from as many of you as will take the time to write even a "Hang tough Bekki" note, sign it (with your horse's name too of course) and tell where you're from. Her mom could show her on the map and she'd enjoy that too. Be careful not to forward any of this post with the note. Her address is:  poodlegirl123@xxxxxxxxxxx  She recently got a standard poodle and has been doing agility training with it thus the new e-mail address. >g<  Oh yeah, and any of you who know how to make your type or background different colors...remember, EVERYTHING Bekki has for her horse is turquoise, so make it turquoise!  I've decided to give a special award at Longstreet's Charge to the person with the most color coordinated tack and name it after Bekki :-)  Thanks ahead of time.

Angie