[RC] Breeding to preserve - Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk

Those who want more regulation are simply wanting to apply their own standards to other people.  And not that many, many people shouldn’t improve their “standards” but still why should you or you or you tell me or him or her what to breed.  Frankly, less horses should be bred but I think it was Heidi who pointed out that regulations put limits and constrictions on those who already police themselves.  And yes I know that it is the animals that suffer.  I encouraged my neighbor to not buy any more $50 auction horses and breed them to her cryptorchid stallion (another $50 auction horse) to produce more $50 horses.  However, I don’t think it is my right to tell her to stop (nor the governments) when she’s done nothing wrong and feeds her horses.

Bringing this back to endurance, I know that Heidi will agree with me on this…while you can get absolutely wonderful horses from the auction for very little money and it can be very emotionally rewarding to do this, there is nothing like a good breeding program that breeds for specific characteristics (in my case, I breed for what the Bedouin was breeding and that’s a whole ‘nother story) that keep the foundation genetics in the gene pool.  Doing this begets consistency in the horse and in the performance of the horse.

But this is a topic that we’ve all gone ‘round and ‘round on before…oh, but that is the RC wayJ

Jannelle

Jannelle Wilde 584 Romie Howard Rd.

Yoncalla OR 97499

541-849-2460