[RC] Padding in riding pants/chafing - Laura Hayes

I have a pair of padded riding pants, but as someone said, they are like diapers when you are not on the horse.  Running is just annoying in them, and since my mares bite my foot if I don't get off, I have to run some.  I also do triathlons, and biking, which has it's own padding issues.  I found that the tri shorts are better even for long bike rides, as they are padded but much less so than the regular biking shorts/tights.  The less padding is so you can do the swim leg in them also.

The bottom line :-) on my thougths on padding, is that some is good, too much is bad.

I have used a product called Badger Balm (comes in a little round tin) on chafing, which in my experience, can come on for no good reason and go away just as mysteriously.  We call it Beaver Balm......

Laura Hayes  :-)