FW: [RC] padding in riding pants - Chastain, Shannon L.

 How about if they make a saddle cover (with sheepskin on the top) instead of a lined pant??
Shannon

  I thought I would put this out there for input.  I am testing a riding pant for a company that is working with the people that make Thinline Saddle Pads.  They want to insert this material in a riding pant for endurance riders to reduce concussion, since so many of us use sheepskin, etc.  The material is not fluffy though, it's more like a thin neoprene.  I used to have a pair of Carousel Tights that had padding that I loved until they wore out.  But the padding in the crotch (it served it's purpose) took some getting used to, it was a bit like a diaper between my legs when I wasn't in the saddle.

They have tried a few ideas with this Thinline pant.  It was originally for a cancer patient that had lost a lot of weight and it was used for her seat bones primarily.  But the material is too non-flexible for an entire half-seat lining of it.  So, they also have tried to make them slide in as inserts where needed.  Maybe the inside of the knee/calf also.

I am not "thin", just average built and have my own padding built in, so it's hard for me to help them with suggestions.  I must say that I took my sheepskin off my saddle,which has a hard seat, and this material in the pant was awesome.  Just not comfortable to walk around in because it's a bit stiff.

Input anyone???

Thanks,
Dawn