RE: [RC] heads up:)/"we've got you covered" if it seems too good to be true, it just might be - Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk

Laney, I'm sorry you've had such difficulties with US Rider.  We recently
had a horrible accident, totaling our semi-truck and the horse trailer, with
4 horses in it.

USRider didn't ask who was driving but it is similar to AAA that the
coverage goes with the member not with the vehicle.  Insurance will cover
the vehicle.  They stated that they only would pay $400 of the towing and
I'd be responsible for the rest.  I agreed and everything was towed.  I was
disappointed that they didn't ask about the horses but I chalked it up to
the guy I was talking to who seemed like a bit of a doofus and told me to
have a nice day at the end of our conversation...little late for that.  They
were a bit clueless when I explained I was on a mountain pass and there WAS
NO CROSS STREET.  But we managed.

I had help with the horses and was able to get them home fairly quickly with
help from a stranger.

My accident's outcome was similar to Dave Rabe's except I lost no horses.
We're waiting to hear from the insurance adjuster...Overall, I would rather
have USRider than not.

Jannelle

Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk
584 Romie Howard Rd.
Yoncalla OR 97499
541-849-2460
866-241-1531 (toll-free)
www.mfarm.org & www.wildeivey.com

      Small sidetrack: I had also called State Farm where I have all my
homeowners and vehicle insurance.  The agent, without blinking at eye,
said they would cover the balance of my towing charges.  And, also
without blinking an eye, she agreed to pay to get the truck towed to the
repair facility.  Now that's coverage!        And that's why I've been a
client
for well over 20 years.

      Another part of the Service Contract we should all keep in mind is
under "Definitions."   In plain language the Primary Member is the
person "named on the application.  An Associate Member can be a spouse
or dependent child.  So far, so good.   In the paragraph starting "the
benefits and services," it states that " the motorized vehicle, as
defined, must be operated or occupied by a Member of the Plan at the
time of disablement." So, I urge USRider members to be aware that your
vehicle is not covered if you are not in it