[RC] Trainer woes - sherman

Lauri wrote:

I am in here trying to decide if I want to send him to a trainer who says "he's spoilt" in front of me or not. He also said  he'd be harder to train , because he is 5.

Whatever you decide to do, I’d just like to say that his age, 5 yrs old, isn’t going to make him more difficult to train. I did think that in the past when I was told you gotta start a horse when they’re barely 2. Eeeks, I wouldn’t think of that now! Of the recent horses that I’ve trained, one was 8 but I thought she was 5 ‘cause that’s what the previous owners told me. If I’d known she was 8, then I probably wouldn’t have taken the chance with her (she was a free mustang). The next one was 8 and I knew it.  I bought him as a 7 yr old, had been handled. Both these horses were pretty easy to train.

Kathy