Re: [RC] sponge help - rides2far@xxxxxxxx

and then you have to unsnap it from itself without dropping it. And then
drop it into the water without dropping it. And somehow >>resnap
everything. Now how do you do this on the fly

There's a big difference between people who unhook everything when at a creek
to sponge and sponging on the fly. When you want to sponge on the fly the
sponge has to already be out or you're past the mudhole before you can begin to
do all that unsnapping.  As the most obsessive "sponge on the fly" person I
know I say forget the darned snaps and beta period. I like cotton string tied
directly to the sponge with a wrist loop. I wet the sponge before the ride,
wrap the string around the sponge and run the breastcollar through it before
hooking to my saddle before the ride. Then when I think it's warm enough to
start sponging I take it off and never put it away again. It's either in my
hand or if I want my hand free I leave the wrist loop on and just stick the
sponge under the front of my saddle.

On the beta thing...I have to experiment to get my string the *perfect* length
to snap back to my hand just right. Horse's height, my arm length, all
variables that the person who measured that beta doesn't know.

Angie...who *has* sponged out of a 5 gallon bucket in a flat out race to the
finish before. (dumb but reflex action)

Start providing for your family by becoming a paralegal. Click Now.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/REAK6aAYI5rxMdWVRQEX19TUZW5hZZ2s87eFWoV56mqvW210rxiCFL/