[RC] Finger joint replacement? - charlene bartholomae

Hi,
I'm currently on schedule to have PIP finger joint replacement using the
Ascension Orthopedics Pyrocarbon joint replacements.

Of course, my main concern in getting this done is being able to hold the
reins when riding (what else would concern  me?)--along with everything else
that goes along with horsing around.

Do any of you have experience with this procedure or know anyone who has?--
and can give me any feedback.....

I've only met one person who has had this done, (3 months ago) and she has rheumatoid
(I have Osteo).
Her replacements are rubber, not the pyrocarbon, and she doesn't do anything
heavier than type....no horsing around, etc.

I have read everything I can get my hands on regarding this and am still on the
fence as to whether to proceed or ask my doctor to just fuse the joints to alleviate
the pain so I can get on with life.

Thanks,
Charlene B.
Louisiana