[RC] re-metabolic syndrome - hoovinit

Morgans and arabs both have a high incidence of insulin resistance problems; I have had good results with using a magnesium supplement to treat this problem in my morgan mare.  She has foundered (several times) and had a severe over weight issue before but now is doing very well on the magnesium, and a low carb, mostly grass hay diet.No grain. Grazing on fresh grass is  completely off limits; the sugars in the grass cause them problems. Even too many carrots or apples can effect their blood sugar. I've been using a magnesium supplement from Uckele but recently found out about a less expensive one called "Remission" I may try. I also have her on a good quality vit./min.supplement. Thyroid supplement doesn't really help; I had my mare on it for years but took her off when i realized it was insulin resistance causing the weight/founder problem. She has lost the big crest on her neck. I also have her barefoot using a wild horse trim model. Her hooves are very healthy now.