Re: [RC] [RC] trailers - Marirose Six

My mules & horses always travel in the reverse slant position. Wether it's in the stock or the Sundowner. The sundowner is a 2-horse with the divider pulled out, so that I can load & turn them. They all seem very happy with this. They have been in the trailer for up to 24 hrs this way, & unloaded looking great.

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Mellifluous <brio_gal@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Turnbow makes a reverse slant load trailer.  I really like their floorplans but wonder if anyone has tried the reverse slant concept?  It seems to go with the research that horses like facing backwards better.

Mel

From: Sbolinge@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:00:52 -0400
Subject: [RC] trailers
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a couple of questions.  First, what is the best way to clean/polish an aluminum trailer besides taking it somewhere for an acid wash.  Second, has anyone heard that a slant load puts more stress and strain on the right front leg and that a straight load might ultimately be easier on the horse?? And how about the built in mangers. Isn't that a bad idea because the horse can't get his head down?

--
Marirose

Yeeeeeee Hawwwww