[RC] A "Nature's Ballet" story - janet palma

When my daughter was nine years old, she had the great fortune to get a Nature's Ballet son from a girl that had outgrown him.  He was bred by Lari, and for some reason even though he was out of a thoroughbred mare, he was stunted and finished off at exactly 14.2 hands.  Perfect!  What an athlete!!  She owned him for about three years and either won or came in second (mostly won) in every timed jumper class she entered.  He could turn on a dime, jump, gallup, turn on a dime, jump again never knocking a rail.  Two years in a row she won high point for the season, Came in second at CTETA in a three day event at the novice level, plus won at least 10 dressage classes.  He was an amazing little guy, and he did it all with bare feet!  One wall of our tack room to this day is covered with his blue ribbons.  What a way for a kid to begin her life-long love of riding.  She's 22 now and still at it ... never tried endurance however, she thinks our colorful plastic tack is tacky!  PS  When we went to sell him, people were fighting for him.
Janet

Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more.