Re: [RC] trailers - Chrystal Woodhouse

My vet commented last summer to me that the latest research she had read indicated that trailering was not as stressful as once believed esp. with the "new" air ride etc... type trailers. She had just had a horse shipped out from the prairies ( about 3 days) and the horse came  off the trailer  looking great. Last year I "trailered" ( as in I was in the horse part of the trailer)  for about 2 hours standing beside my horse who had been hurt  as long as we were on the highway it was pretty easy going standing in the trailer , but holy cow!! What a difference when we got to the town and had to go through it to get to the vet, it was very hard and stressful with all the turns and stopping,  another thing I noticed was that it is VERY LOUD with the windows open at the horse's head on the highway , I  always try to keep those closed since that experience.
I also stood in my trailer with a  baby I bought last year for about an hour and a half (mostly highway driving) and was surprised that it wasnt' harder to stand/balance back there.
Saying all that I still always get to a ride as early as I can to give my horse lots of time to rest and stretch  her.:-)

Chrystal