[RC] governing body for eventing - Jackie Causgrove

It's USEF.

It is at this time believed that the horse that dies on course had an aneurysm blow.

Also, would like to point out that there is a safety committee and David O'Conner heads it.

It's mandatory that when a horse dies, that they will be a necropsy performed.  Dependent upon the results of the necropsy, nothing to a life time banishment could result.

I, in no way wish to make light of the risk/hazards and tragedy(s) that do (unfortunately) occur.
it is inherent in many (if not all to varying degrees) disciplines with horses.
It is something that one simply has to accept.

I have been on course when a young rider was killed.
I have been brought off 3 times on a back board; one with skull fractures and a broken back.

For me, this isn't even theoretically.  However, when one gets up into the higher levels of any discipline, the risks increase (for both horse and rider).

And somewhere, you have to make peace with those risk(s).

Otherwise you are quarantining a bad crash.

Jackie

"I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse. " Woody Allen