Re: [RC] FEI - racing - riding - Europe - USA - Truman Prevatt

Leonard.Liesens@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

But let's stop with comparisons. Things are different, we are somehow different we like popcorns with sugar, you like them salty (beurkkk). we eat frogs and many other things like organs of animals (you will say beurkkkk).

I used to spend a lot of time gigging frogs - yum. We Southerners - at least of my age ate organs hell we even deep fired the pig's skin and ate that - didn't let anything go to waste. We have kettle corn - which is very good which is popcorn with sugar! When I'm in England I regularly eat the "strange things" on the menu - much to my colleagues disgust at times.

Absolutely nothing against how folks ride in Europe - that's your business - and it's only natural endurance would have evolved differently there than here. Europe and the US are after all different. I have absolutely flat out endurance racing be it held in the UAE, Europe or even the US. The only thing I find a bit bothersome this sort of merger mentality I see from some.

Now if you guys would just stop calling that silly game where you chase a round ball around a field - fussball. That's not football! I don't have anything against soccer either. I refereed it for about 10 years on the high school level in Maryland when it was so new in this country that there weren't enough referees. I learned to play it in college as the track team used it to keep in shape during fall before the winter and spring track seasons. However, it's still not football ;-) !

Merci pour votre invitation gentille.

Truman

--

"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man." H.L. Mencken