[RC] Corrals and such - catherine demick

I sleep with one ear open and clothed so that I don't
offend neighbors should I have to make a hasty exit from my
trailer and rescue my boy or someone else's wayward equine!!

Ha! Ha! I know that feeling well. Horse was in electric corral.... October 2006 at a 2 day 50 ride in Cobleskill N.Y. (ctr not endurance but doesn't matter for this topic) Day #1 was freezing rain, everyone but a few bagged camping over for the 2nd day. I was determined, so we stayed. Some time that night the rain finally stopped pounding, we were so happy. Woke up at 5 the next a.m. hearing "loose horse" I said to hubby, "quick, check on Hammer" he said " I have no pants on, any way it can't be him" I said " PLEASE just check." He jumped out the camper in his tightie whities to find the entire electric corral was down with 3 inches of heavy, wet snow and Ham standing in the middle of the downed corral. Hence, horse did not escape, any enclosure can come apart for a mutitude of reasons in our sport, and ALWAYS wear your pants!! Major shrinkage that a.m!!!

Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging.?You IM, we give. Learn more.