From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Barbara McCrary
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 6:21 PM
To: Bob Morris; 'Beth Walker'; 'Ridecamp'
Subject: Re: [RC] riders set for 120km race

Assuming that big money has more power than the voices of AERC, just why do we have to play this game at all?  Riding in foreign countries, riding with foreign riders, started out to be pleasant and a fun interaction with folks from other countries around the world.  When did it become derailed and morphed into what we are seeing now?  If AERC's philosophy of riding with protections for the horse cannot be imposed on USEF and FEI, I vote for pulling out completely and telling the rest of the world that this is not the game we want to play.  And I don't care if others think this is sour grapes.  We feel differently about our horses...they are friends and companions, not expendable machines.  Grump, grump...
Oddly enough, I've been watching this game going south since 1987...little by little by little.

Barbara