Re: [RC] hi ties and loose horses/all it takes is once - Lynn Kinsky

On Mar 13, 2008, at 7:15 AM, Ranelle Rubin wrote:
<x-tad-bigger>My first portable charger was given to me by a rider who spent two days looking for his horse after another horse crashed through the elect corral and "freed" his horse.</x-tad-bigger>

The other thing is that if the horse has a blanket on. electric braid may as well be just string. I was on a ride and drive event going from Bishop to Bodie behind Mono Lake one year. The last night we were in a trail camp surrounded by barbed wire, but an approaching thunderstorm and a nearby herd of mustangs and a lot of range cows out side the perimeter had all the horses spooked. I double tied my horse to one of the duffle trailers parked outside and camped out by the trailer to keep and eye on her. I got a ring side seat as a clap of thunder sppooked a lovely team of matched shires who busted out of their electric fence, leaped all the tables and stuff in camp, and then busted through the barb wire near us, leaving shreads of blankets behind. My horse danced around but stayed secure.The last I heard when we finally go back to Bishop was that the wranglers had only caught 4 of the shires and the other two were presumed to have joined the mustangs.

Lynn Kinsky, Santa Ynez, CA
http://www.silcom.com/~lkinsky/