[RC] Over head tie system - Nancy

Dear Denise and fellow Ride Campers,

I have 2 TieRites on my 2 horse trailer.  I have used them for over 3 years and have never had a problem or had a horse get loose.  I love these ties!  They are quiet and do not squeak.  They are simple to use, just unclip the safety clip and raise the arm.  We use simple cotton lead lines that are a bit longer than normal so that the tip of the horse clip is a few inches above the ground when the arm is fully extended.  They are attached to the trailer towards the back with very large bolts into the trailer frame.  A neighbor installed them for me as I do not have the tools (corded “big boy” drill) and man strong hands.   The horses can see each other and if they work really hard they can steal have from the others hay bag, but they can not get entangled.  I can put a large water bucket between them and they can share it too.

They are strong as my big 15.3+ hand mare has pulled back on it without incident.  And of course Lyric has done every kind of thing to it without injury or damage.  The only thing that I usually do not like is I feel the horses bump the trailer when I am (trying) to sleep.  The good news is this wakes me up and I know when something it happening.

I understand the High Ties have to be removed from the trailer when you transport and reattached when you arrive.  I also understand some trailers have construction issues that make mounting the TieRites impossible.  Not sure exactly what the issue is so you may want to research it before you buy.

I have been thinking of selling my trailer, but having to get new ties and getting them installed has been one big reason I have not gone any farther than the thinking stage with it.  That is how much I like my Tie Rites.  Whatever system you get you will love it.  Happy hunting,

Nancy Reed

Lazy J Ranch

Elfin Forest, CA (Hey, what happened to the sun, the fog is so thick I can not even see my arena from the house!)