Re: [RC] riders set for 120km race - Truman Prevatt

Bob,

I'm not sure it matters much to the FEI what we want even if we could convince the USEF to take up our cause on this issue. The USEF is an independent organization - not responsible in any way to promulgate our desires. In practice I suspect the USEF carries little weight with the FEI - considering who is pushing the and funding the FEI in endurance.

There is a trend of prize money in the FEI middle Eastern endurance races. That trend will I expect only increase in the future. Will that spill over to other countries or even to FEI events in the US. Several years ago - there was a "money ride" in the US - the Cosequin Challenge in Ft. Valley, VA.http://www.endurance.net/Stories/ShowStory.asp?Counter=139. The winner won over 11 Grand according the the above source.

We had large cash prize rides - we didn't need the UAE to run it. The AERC BOD caved in and sanctioned it. If the members are truly interested in keeping the sport of endurance riding as an armature recreational sport rather than see it devolving into long distance racing then we need to act I agree - the precedent is already there and you didn't have to looking any further than right here in River City.

BTW I don't buy the idea that its not a race if it is run on a "technical course." You can kill a horse racing it for fame, glory and money in the CA mountains just as easy as you can in a desert on the Persian Gulf.

Truman

Bob Morris wrote:

What you all fail to see is this is the current trend in Endurance on a world basis. This is the trend that AERC-I is playing with. This is the game that those with the most influence in World-Wide Endurance are playing with. While the money amounts are tremendous in our sphere it is pocket change for those now influencing the rules.

When will you, the members of AERC, the participants of endurance competition, realize that you must make the AERC Board of Directors cognizant of what you want for the future and then make sure they convey these desires to the USEF, our representative to the FEI.

Wake up and act!

Bob

Bob Morris

Morris Endurance Enterprises

Boise, ID

--

"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man." H.L. Mencken