[RC] [RC] EZ Boot Bare Problem - Dream Weaver

Roger --- You should have come over at the convention and let me show you the Bares on the horse!  I know you were busy in your booth, but for you I would have even brought the horse over to you and shown you at yours.  Chief quite enjoyed getting to visit with the other vendors at the tradeshow.

Feel free to send me photos, and if possible get me your horses hoof measurements.  In the meantime, here are a couple of tips.

1)  Train the gaiter to fold back.
2)  Apply duct tape to the sides of the boot.  Cover the inside strap where it is screwed onto the boot.  Here is an example in a photo of a regular Easyboot.  That will help the boot to slide on over the sides of the hoof easier.
3)  Check my blog for additional information.  To go to a category on Bares try this link.

The boots will get easier to use.  In just the couple of days at the AERC show I took a pair of brand new Bares and between putting them on and off of the horse several times and walking him around they are now sufficiently broken in enough that I can get one boot on his hoof and the gaiter adjusted in just about ten seconds time.  If you find the Bares don't fit your horses hoof conformation well enough to either fit well or get on, you can change the fastening system on the front and still use the boot.

Good luck and feel free to contact me if you have any questions! ;)

Karen