To: <rides2far@xxxxxxxx>; <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2008 10:32 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] VVMarchmadness

<sigh> I'm stuck in the homestead, too, watching this miserable cold rain
falling, and falling, and falling. The ground is super-saturated so if I do
any riding at all it will have to be on the gravel roads, otherwise I'd risk
tendon and ligament problems for sure, not to mention leaving sucking big
horse-hoof-potholes in all the neighboring fields -- which is a big no-no.

However, I'm thinking this rain might be a stellar opportunity to test my
new riding raincoat that I've been anxious to try out.

All of my guys are double blanketed in the best Rambo waterproof heavy
winter outerwear money can buy -- and Itchy (who has been foxhunting all
winter so he sports a nose-to-toes 4x clipped coat that is summer short) is
triple blanketed, and also wears warm fleecy high shipping boots on his legs
when the temps drop below 35, whether he is in or out. Slid your hand under
any of those pony blankets and those critters are warmer than freshly popped
toast. I swear -- I willingly spend hundreds and hundreds of $$ to outfit
my 5 ponies... and do my own clothing shopping at the local thrift store for
50 cents to $1. Pretty much shows my priorities, huh?